Announcing an Exciting & Dynamic Opportunity in the Snowsports Industry
PSIA-AASI Western Division Education Director
We are pleased to announce a rewarding, challenging and fun educational leadership opportunity for PSIA-AASI Western Division for the 2020-21 season. We seek a self-motivated professional to work closely with the Western Division operational discipline task force and administrative leaders. This position reports to the CEO and interacts frequently with other western administrative office staff, National and Divisional Discipline Task Force Teams and educational staff.
This position will be responsible for managing the operational Discipline Task Forces on the elements of the development & delivery of education programming in Alpine, Adaptive, Nordic, Snowboard and Freestyle disciplines along with specialty programming areas such as Children’s and Senior Specialist programs.
The candidate must be a current active member of PSIA-AASI and have at least 3 years of ski instruction experience. The candidate should have at least 5 years of experience in senior leadership positions in Snowsports or other industries. The candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable in both group and one-on-one settings. The candidate must be proficient with their computer skills.
Role and Responsibilities as an Education Director
- The ED will be guided by the Organization’s vision/mission to work to the benefit of our members. The ED must understand the strategic vision to execute tactical plans for the PSIA-AASI West Organization.
- The ED will help select and ensure the team of Discipline Task Force Chairs (Chairs) is made up of division experts that communicate, collaborate for consistency in the teaching, technical and people components of Snowsport Instruction
- The ED must work with the Chairs to identify Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Reasonable, and Timely (SMART) Goals, and then support the execution of those goals.
- The ED will clarify the roles and responsibilities of the Chairs and hold performance review plans to allow measurable accountability.
- The ED will analyze and use data to define tasks and projects The ED must help the teams identify barriers to success and help them remove those barriers.
- The ED will share reports from the Task Force Chairs to keep everyone informed. These reports need to include the operational status and financial performance of the teams.
- The ED must be a good facilitator, mediator, and trustworthy with confidential information.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO
- Cover letter to include your experience and skills as they relate to the stated position responsibilities
- Provide a written summary of new ideas, your vision, and plan on how you intend to fulfill the job
- Resume and three references
The deadline for submissions is March 1st, 2020.