Earn your Credits;
Get ready for that Exam
Here’s what to expect:
These events will help you improve your personal skiing, riding, teaching. Come prepared to have fun, hone your skills and receive updates on divisional and national material. Help yourself with a strong training program for the season to reach your goals.
Certification Prep Clinics:
- Overview of the skills and knowledge required for all level exams, including materials and process updates.
- On-hill teaching presentations, teaching methodol- ogy and movement analysis with personal feedback
- Ins and outs of demos and tasks. What they are and
how to perform them.
- Personal and specific feedback on your performance in relation to the National Standards.
Education Improvement Clinics:
Education clinics will focus on Ski/Ride and Teach Improvement. You are guaranteed an amazing educa- tion experience and all mountain adventure no matter the snow conditions. All topics will include personalized coaching and feedback. Topics may include some of the following (weather and snow conditions permitting).
• Skill development and tactics for steep and ad- vanced skiing/riding.
• Off-piste and bump skills.
• Tactics for the conditions of the day. • Maximizing efficiency and fun.
• New teaching ideas and tools, when and how to use them.
• Efficient teaching progressions.
• Improving your movement analysis.
• Understanding cause and effect and then devel-
oping a progression from those observations.
- New ideas and tools to teaching children.
- In depth discussions of child behavior and how to
work with all ages, stages and attitudes.
- How to work with parents’ behaviors effectively
- Special needs children in groups.
More details on each of these events can be found at the links at the top of this article for each one. Also find all our events on the calendar.
This article appeared in print in our Fall Edge Newsletter in September 2017.