Alpine Level 1 Exam
The Alpine L1 Exam is a 3-day program for members who are actively instructing at a Snowsports School and completed 20+ Hours of Instruction. The event covers teaching and skiing demonstrations, movement analysis, and technical knowledge to meet our National Standards for Level I Certification.
- Participants must be at least 16 years old, and a registered member of PSIA/AASI-W.
- Participants must be capable of linking parallel turns on blue intermediate terrain.
- Participants must read the Western Division Level 1 Study and Certification Guide, and The National Level 1 Study Guide.
- The completed workbook is handed to the clinician on the first day of the module.
- Participants are also strongly encouraged to purchase educational materials, the PSIA Alpine Technical Manual 2014 Edition and the Core Concepts for Snowsports Instructors. The National Website also has several handbooks with teaching progressions, and children’s specific manuals available at www.thesnowpros.org