All Alpine, Children and Senior Clinics are FULL.
Join us at the Norcal Winter Rally January 21-22nd at Squaw for our next Education Event and register early to guarantee yourself a spot!
This Early Season Educational Event (with an option of 1 day only) is open to the entire membership as an opportunity to get a great start to the season by improving your personal skiing, riding, teaching, or to start putting together a training program for the season to reach your goals. Come prepared to have fun, hone your skills and receive updates on the divisional and national material.
This event is going to be amazing no matter what the weather may bring!
Alpine and Snowboard Certification Prep Clinics:
Certification Prep Clinics:
- Overview of the skills and knowledge required for all level exams, including materials and process updates.
- On-hill teaching presentations, teaching methodology and movement analysis with personal feedback
- Ins and outs of demos and Tasks. What they are and how to perform them.
- Personal and specific feedback on your performance in relation to the National Standards.
Education Improvement Clinics:
Education clinics will focus on Ski/Ride and Teach Improvement. You are guaranteed an amazing educational experience and an all-mountain adventure no matter what the snow conditions bring us in December.
All topics will include personalized coaching and feedback. Topics may include some of the following (weather and snow conditions permitting).
- Skill development and tactics for steep and mogul skiing/riding.
- Off-piste and bumps skills.
- Tactics for the conditions of the day.
- Maximizing efficiency and fun.
- New teaching ideas and tools, when and how to use them.
- Efficient teaching progressions.
- Improving your movement analysis.
- Understanding cause and effect and then developing a progression from those observations.
Children and Senior Clinics
Need some new tricks to teach Children? The children education clinics will offer you many.
- New ideas and tools to teaching children.
- In depth discussions of child behavior and how to work with all ages, stages and attitudes.
- How to work with parents’ behaviors effectively and special needs children in groups.
The West is on the cutting edge of Senior Skiing Development and Education. If you teach a lot of seniors (50+) or if you are a senior instructor, take advantage of our senior clinics:
- Introduction to the Teaching Model and the Skiing Model as applied to seniors.
- Learn how to ski longer, stronger and better.
- Understand good contemporary technique and equipment that can improve your skiing and help you ski more efficiently with less strain and effort.
- Indoor Movement Analysis. Commonalities in cause and effect through all levels in skiing
THE PEPPERMILL IS GIVING PSIA-AASI A GREAT DEAL!
Call number: 1-800-282-2444 Before November 24, 2017, 5:00 PM with group code LPSSA17
For December 9-11, we have the following group rates available:
North/West Wing – $100 Saturday and $50 Sunday plus taxes
Main Peppermill Tower – $115 Saturday and $65 Sunday plus taxes
All-Suite Tuscany Tower – $155 Saturday and $105 Sunday plus taxes
+ 13% room tax and $2 nightly tourism fee.
Even if you are local, stay at the Peppermill and further your time with other instructors to kick off a great season.
The Peppermill has nine restaurants (Café Milano 24-hour coffee shop, Island Buffet, Romanza Italian, Oceano Seafood & Sushi, Chi Asian Bistro, Biscotti’s, Bimini Steakhouse, Sports Deli and the Back Bar) plus 15 bars & lounges including EDGE nightclub (open Thu/Fri/Sat from 10pm-4am), Fireside Lounge (great happy hour with free apps) and the Terrace Lounge (free live music nightly). Additionally, they have Spa Toscana – to soothe those sore muscles after the long day on the snow. The entire property is heated geothermally, so two of the outdoor pools are heated and open year round – even in December! And of course, the casino is always an option for anyone wanting to try their luck on the slot machines or at the tables.