Alpine and Snowboard Certification Prep Clinics:
Certification Prep Clinics:
- Overview of the skills and knowledge required for all level exams, including materials and process updates.
- On-hill teaching presentations, teaching methodology and movement analysis with personal feedback
- Ins and outs of demos and Tasks. What they are and how to perform them.
- Personal and specific feedback on your performance in relation to the National Standards.
Education Improvement Clinics:
Education clinics will focus on Ski/Ride and Teach Improvement. Pending the snow conditions and your clinician you are guaranteed an amazing educational experience and an all mountain adventure.
All topics will include personalized coaching and feedback. Topics may include some of the following (weather and snow conditions permitting).
- Skill development and tactics for steep and mogul skiing/riding.
- Off-piste and bump skills.
- Tactics for the conditions of the day.
- Maximizing efficiency and fun.
- New teaching ideas and tools, when and how to use them.
- Efficient teaching progressions.
- Improving your movement analysis.
- Understanding cause and effect and then developing a progression from those observations.
Children and Senior Clinics
Need some new tricks to teach Children? The children education clinics will offer you many.
- New ideas and tools to teaching children.
- In depth discussions of child behavior and how to work with all ages, stages and attitudes.
- How to work with parents’ behaviors effectively and special needs children in groups.
The West is on the cutting edge of Senior Skiing Development and Education. If you teach a lot of seniors (50+) or if you are a senior instructor, take advantage of our senior clinics:
- Introduction to the Teaching Model and the Skiing Model as applied to seniors.
- Learn how to ski longer, stronger and better.
- Understand good contemporary technique and equipment that can improve your skiing and help you ski more efficiently with less strain and effort.
- Indoor Movement Analysis. Commonalities in cause and effect through all levels in skiing.