This 2-day Certification Module is an evaluation of the candidate’s skills and knowledge as well as an educational based event. The module gives all candidates a stronger understanding and ability to apply the teaching, learning, riding and service concepts. Riders must be comfortable on all blue, basic black and freestyle terrain. Candidates will be required to show proficiency in meeting the required riding, teaching and movement analysis standards.
- 16+ years old
- Member of PSIA-AASI Western Division. Join today!
- Complete the Snowboard Level 1 E-Learning Course (free!) prior to registering for the 2-day on-snow day exam & bring proof of completion to day 1 of the on-snow exam. (Please note, after passing the online exam it can take the system an hour to update before you are eligible to register for the Level 1 exam. If you are unable to register after 24 hours, contact the Western Division Office: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Snowboard online resources (free!)
- Manuals, handbooks, & guides available for purchase online via the National Accessories Catalog
- Snowboard Technical Manual (2014)
- Core Concepts for Snowsports Instructors (2008)
- Teaching Snowsports Manual (2018)
- Snowboard Teaching Handbook, 2nd edition (2015)
Mammoth Mountain Inn is offering us a booking discount!
Individuals may book ONLINE until the room block cutoff date, December 3, 2018 by accessing our online website, https://groups.mammothmountain.com/mammothresort#groupSignIn and using the following information:
Group ID: 27405
Please call 800-MAMMOTH (1-800-626-6684) before Friday, November 23, 2018 for reservations by referencing the group name, PSIA – Level 1 Exam, booking ID #27405. Reservations are subject to the deposit and cancellation policies quoted online or by the vacation specialist. Please note applicable taxes and fees are subject to change at the time of your stay.
Cinnamon Bear Inn is offering a lodging discount as well!
Call to inquire about pricing at 760-934-2873. You can visit their website HERE.