TRANSFERRING IN/OUT OF THE WESTERN DIVISION
We recommend you hold your membership within the division that you work and/or live so you receive the most relevant communications.
Transferring IN to the Western Division
- Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transfers requested after paying your membership dues and outside the membership renewal period (June) will incur a $25 transfer fee.
- All memberships, regardless of their transfer or beginning date, are up for renewal in June and will expire June 30th if not renewed.
Transferring OUT of the Western Division
- Contact the division you are interested in transferring into.
Snow Sports Instructors with foreign certifications seeking PSIA-AASI certification:
- Must become a member of PSIA-AASI
- Must be current and provide proof of active certification from another country/association to email@example.com
- PSIA-AASI certification is not granted until successful completion of the entire exam process including prerequisites.
- Level 1 Foreign Certified Instructors can go directly to the PSIA-AASI Level 2 of the same discipline
- Level 2-3 Foreign Certified Instructors can challenge the same level (or a lower level, if preferred), but cannot ‘hopscotch’ to the next level. For example, a Canadian Level 2 can register for the PSIA-AASI Level 1 or 2. If the candidate is not successful he/she will be assigned Registered member status, but will not hold any certification with PSIA-AASI-W.
- Level 2 Foreign Certified Instructors who want to skip PSIA-AASI-W Level 2 must petition for permission.