The Education Foundation was established in 1994 to provide financial assistance to PSIA/AASI-W instructors looking to enhance their personal growth and further their careers in snow sports instruction.
The mission of the Foundation is to provide education opportunities for professional ski and snowboard instructors.
Examples of some of our projects:
- Direct support of PSIA/AASI-W events (Fall Professional Development Day, Convention Guest Clinicians, Women’s Summit) to make education less expensive and more available to our members
- Support consistent and unified National standards for certification by funding National Standards training attendance
- Support the educational and professional development of individual members through scholarships
- Enable Adaptive Instructors to attend Certification Events
- Support creative educational materials within Western Division, such as translating new member materials into Spanish; Nordic Manual revisions
History of the Foundation
The PSIA-W Education Foundation was incorporated in 1993 and accepted as a 501 (c)(3) by the IRS in 1995. The early organizing committee included Greg Felsch, Blaine Lomen and Katherine Hayes Rodriguez. The initial goals of the Foundation were to raise money to cover the cost of producing publications, such as the Division newsletter and exam manuals, and to offset costs of events such as Convention or Fall Rally for our members. One of the early accomplishments of the Foundation was production and distribution of the Master Plan document in the mid-1990s, our first regional professional document. The Foundation continues to support the mission of PSIA/AASI West by supporting development of individual members through scholarships and funding education projects.
The Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) Organization in good standing, Federal ID # 77-0381837. The Foundation is supervised by the Education Foundation Board of Directors.
Contact information for your Education Foundation Board of Directors:
Katherine Hayes Rodriguez, President
Blaine Lomen, Vice-President
Dave Sutherland, Secretary
Artie Castro, Treasurer
Nick Treat, Director
For general information about the Foundation, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org