The Edge is a two-color publication (black and blue) on white stock. We are flexible on sizes and layout. Payment due on submission date.
Website Advertising: Job Postings are available to all Member Schools of PSIA/AASI on a National level at no charge.
*Please call for more information if you’d like to advertise other information on our Division Website: www.psia-w.org.
Thank you for your interest in submitting content to the “Edge” the Journal of Snowsports Instruction for Western Division. This publication will reach approximately 3300 instructors. Our instructors hold certifications in the following percentages:
Alpine-75%, Snowboard- 45%, Children’s – 14%, Adaptive- 6%, Nordic Telemark -4%, Nordic Cross Country- 2%
*As you can see, these percentages do not add up to 100%. Many of our members hold certifications in more than one discipline.
Suggested submission guidelines:
- 1,000 words or less
- photo submission welcomed
- Material that is of interest to the widest possible readership will be given preference.
- Material that exemplifies our mission “Leadership, Camaraderie, Adventure, Excellence” will be given highest priority
- Technical pieces are always welcome, but most of our submissions fall in this category. If you are submitting a ski technique article, think of ways to broaden it’s appeal to multiple disciplines.
- Technical articles will be given higher priority if photos or graphics are included which provides ‘visuals’ for technical material
- Submissions that promote the use of a certain product or service will be given lowest priority.
- Do not assume that the reader will use the same ‘technical jargon’ as you do. Define all technical terms or simplify the language.
Most likely we will edit some elements of your successful submission. If time permits, we might ask for your input on these edits, but this is not guaranteed. If you submit, please be aware that we may change your article.