The mission of the Education Foundation is to provide education opportunities for PSIA/AASI-Western instructors looking to enhance their personal growth and further their careers in snowsports instruction.
Examples of some of The Education Foundations projects:
- Direct support of PSIA/AASI-W events such as the Professional Development Day to make education less expensive and more available to our members.
- Supported consistent and unified National standards for certification by funding National Standards training
- Supported the educational and professional development of individual members through scholarships
History of the Foundation:
The PSIA-W Education Foundation was incorporated in 1993 and accepted as a 501 (c)(3) by the IRS in 1995. The early organizing committee included Greg Felsch, Blaine Lomen and Katherine Hayes-Rodriguez. The initial goals of the Foundation were to raise money to cover the cost of producing publications, such as the Division newsletter and exam manuals and to offset costs of events for our members for events such as Convention or Fall Rally. One of the early accomplishments of the Foundation was production and distribution of the Master Plan document in the mid-1990s. The Foundation continues to support the mission of PSIA by supporting development of individual members through scholarships and funding education projects.
Your Education Foundation Board of Directors:
- Katherine Hayes-Rodriguez, President
- Blaine Lomen, Vice-President
- Dave Sutherland, Secretary
- Artie Castro, Treasurer
- Nick Treat, Director